Hello. Today's song is Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars.
This song has been so overplayed at this point, but I still can't hep but sing along. I think I've already talked about Bruno Mars, so instead today we focus on Mark. So Mark Ronson is an English musician/DJ. He's been active since 1993, although this song was his first hit in the Western hemisphere. Fun Fact: his step-dad was the guitarist in Foreigner, which is how he got introduced to music. He started out as a DJ while he was going to NYU, earning huge recognition in that, so much so that his stuff was featured in an ad. He was introduced to Nikka Costa when the manager heard his set, and Mark started producing her music. By 2003 he decided to release his own album, which technically flopped, and he got dropped by his label. A year later he made his own label. The next couple years he spent mostly producing for other people, and was nominated for a Grammy for the work he did with Amy Winehouse. He's released other albums that have done better than his first one. Much of his career has been in the background, doing soundtracks for things and making music that others sing so no one knows it's his stuff. After reading up on it I realize I'm really pissed off about that. So to anyone who says this is Bruno Mars' song? Don't.
This criteria is a song you would sing at karaoke. I don’t know if any of these would be available for karaoke, but my mom chose Who I Am by Jessica Andrews, and my grandma picked Put Your Head On My Shoulder by Paul Anka. Sammy went with Let It Go by Idina Menzel because she thought it was funny, and lastly Will decided on Bad Company by Five Finger Death Punch. The only song that I think you would actually find at karaoke was Anna's pick with Somebody To Love by Queen.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment