Sunday, August 26, 2018

Year 5, Day 289

Hello. So today's song is Bellbottoms by the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion.


These guys are an American alternative rock band formed in 1991 and made up of Jon Spencer, Judah Bauer, and Russell Simins. Jon was part of a lot of bands including Shithaus, Pussy Galore, Gibson Bros., Boss Hog and the Honeymoon Killers. It's with that last band that the group met and eventually formed. An interesting thing about this band is they are affiliated with the most labels I have ever seen. Legit, 19 to date. They've released 14 albums (pus extras) as a group, and each member has an extensive repertoire on their own and with other groups so look into them further if you're interested. These guys pretty much created this sound (although White Stripes made it famous) so I'm a little sad I only know them because of a movie, but at least I know now.

These are songs from movies. I don’t know which movie she was thinking, but my grandma said Joy To The World by Three Dog Night. Then my mom went eighties with a song titled the same as the movie in St. Elmo’s Fire by John Parr. Sammy picked Start The Commotion by The Wiseguys from Kangaroo Jack, and Will picked The Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin because of Thor: Ragnarok. Then last was Anna with Why Should I Worry by Billy Joel from Oliver and Company.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment