Morning. Today's song is Once Upon A Dream from Sleeping Beauty.
So this is a Disney movie made before Walt Disney died (and was the last princess movie under his tutelage) and came out in 1959. The song is sung by Mary Costa (an opera singer) and Bill Shirley (an actor who also sings). Jack Lawrence and Sammy Fain composed the score and Ward Kimball was brought on as the film composer. Fun Fact: the score for the movie was recorded in Berlin. Now I said that those guys were responsible for the scores, but truthfully most of it was inspired by or directly pulled from the Sleeping Beauty ballet where music was famously done by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky. Over the years this song has been redone by people associated with Disney or other Disney projects, but the original is amazing and I miss this Disney.
Since I brought some in yesterday, I figured we'd do the favorite Disney song category today. My grandma went with M-I-C-K-E-Y-M-O-U-S-E which I've never heard of so hopefully I found the link by the time this goes up. Sammy went with When You Wish Upon A Star from Pinocchio. My mom and Will both went with the same movie. My mom chose A Whole New World from Aladdin, and Will went with One Jump from Aladdin. And with my favorite choice is Anna with Everybody Wants To Be A Cat from the Aristocats.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment