Monday, August 13, 2018

Year 5, Day 276

Afternoon. Today I give you Apex Predator from Mean Girls.


You guys know that I am a musical buff and have a stack of sings from them waiting to be played, but I decided today to go with a relatively new one. We've all seen Mean Girls. The movie is iconic, but now Tina Fey has gifted us with a Broadway show. I know some people get all antsy about that because what else could they show us, but I have seen this one. It has some of the funny lines from the movie in it so it's connected, but characters that were flat in the film get rounded out when you have two hours of expositional songs to get through. Barrett Wilbert Weed plays Janice (I've shown her before from Heathers) and I love it, it's a perfect casting, but honestly Grey Henson steals the show with his portrayal of Damian. Every actor in it is a superstar and it's hard to play favorites when they all are the best in different ways so just take my word for it when I say this would be worth seeing.

Now we need a song from a musical. I pride myself on my musical knowledge, but my grandma surprised me with one I’ve never heard of choosing After The Ball from Showboat. My mom picked one I showed her, it being Alexander Hamilton from Hamilton, and Will chose Greased Lightning from Grease. Then Anna went with the Cell Block Tango from Chicago.  Sammy chose Mamma Mia by ABBA which isn’t technically from a musical, but there was one built around their music so it counts as far as I’m concerned.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment