Monday, August 6, 2018

Year 5, Day 269

Hey. So today's song is Let It Go by Idina Menzel.


There will now be multiple generations of people whose first introduction to Idina is this song and this movie, but I first saw her in Rent. It was actually her first professional theatre job in 1995 and first time on Broadway (but definitely not the last). After Rent she released an album, and played roles in a number of other musicals including Hair, The Vagina Monologues, and Aida. Her next big role came in 2003 when she starred in Wicked alongside Kristen Chenoweth, another Broadway legend. She won the tony for her role in that while she was only nominated for Rent. Since then she's done tons of music, lots of musicals, forayed into TV and movies and basically been everywhere. She's also been accidentally memed because of her name, but she rolled with it and played the joke up since she's a good sport. I mean most Broadway people are the just role with it type, so I'm not surprised, but I still love it. Anyway I chose this song because when singing along to Idina, you can't not belt. 

The criteria is a song you belt shamelessly. I went Disney, but my mom went radio with Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepson. My grandma went with Twist and Shout by The Beatles which is a great choice. Anna of course chose Countdown by Beyonce. Sammy went with Low by Flo Rida and Will chose I'm In A Hurry by Alabama.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment