Saturday, July 21, 2018

Year 5, Day 253

Morning! Today I give you The Fox by Yvis.


These guys are Norwegian and have been a comedy duo since 2000. It's made up of Vegard and Bård Ylvisåker. The brothers had been performing together for six years before getting signed to a production company and hosted a radio show. By 2011 they created a tv sow, and when it got renewed for a second season, they made their own production company so they could retain the rights to their work. This song was released as a promotion for their comedy show. I don't know if most people were aware this was meant to be a sort of comedy bit, but I remember looking it up around the time this went viral.

This is where I justify bringing this song back up after it finally died off. We needed to pick a song we're embarrassed to like. And I like this song even though I should hate it. I don't know Anna's but she picked Bamboleo by Gypsy Kings. Will picked Barbie Girl by Aqua (which I am not embarrassed to love), and my mom chose I'm The One by DJ Khaled featuring Justin Bieber. My grandma is riding the Cyrus wave with Achy Braky Heart by Billy Ray Cyrus, and Sammy went with Show Me How You Werk by Nicole Arbour.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment