Hiya. Today's song is Lost sung by Barrett Wilbert Weed.
As you probably noticed, this song is sung by Barrett, but written by Chris Miller and Nathan Tysen. It's part of a series of songs which is half Broadway play, half concert called Fugitive Songs and all the songs are about people on the run in some way. It premiered off-Broadway in 2008, but I only hear it when Barret Wilbert Weed performed it in 2013 at a hangout in New York for Broadway babies. I would love to go to 54 Below and am actually subscribed to their events promotions despite being in a different country. Barrett is a theatre actress and singer, best known for being Veronica in Heathers (which I'll show you eventually) and is currently playing Janis in Mean Girls (which I'll show you eventually). Anyway I think this song is hilarious and her rendition of it is on point.
All the songs today are very different from each other because a funny song you like covers a pretty wide range. My grandma apparently drew inspiration from Will yesterday and went with Gangnam Style by Psy. Anna decided on Rambling Through the Avenues of Time by Flight of the Concords. My mom went with Cake By The Ocean by DANCE, then Sammy chose a song called Genius by LSD featuring Sia, Diplo, and Labrinth. Will pulled from parodies and picked Another One Rides The Bus by Weird Al Yankovic.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment