Thursday, July 19, 2018

Year 5, Day 251

Hey everybody. So today's song is Tír na nÓg by the Celtic Women featuring Oonagh.


A little international day thanks to the fact that we needed a song we like in a language we don't speak. Relatively easy considering my family are all horrible people and only speak English. I can read enough French to get by (because Canada), know a couple Spanish words (because fan fiction), and flirted with learning Russian, but couldn't focus on the tapes. I may try again if I find the motivation, but for now Celtic music! This is a group from Ireland who have been active since 2004. It was created by David Downes who brought together five female singers and violinist and coined their name. The members have changed quite a bit, but currently the line up is Máiréad Carlin, Susan McFadden, Éabha McMahon, and Tara McNeill. Oonagh is the stage name for Senta-Sofia Delliponti. She's a German singer that was discovered on Star Search whose music has the same mythical quality I get from the Celtic Women. She joined them for some guest singing in 2015.

While I went with that for an unknown language, (and I know most is English, but not all so it counts) most of my family went Spanish. So we've got my grandma with Despacito by Luis Fonsi featuring Daddy Yankee, Échame La Culpa by Luis Fonsi and Demi Lovato from my mom (so she was different than my grandma), and Sammy ending it with Bailando by Enrique Iglasias which we battled over once because we each knew different version of the song. Will apparently wanted to be different and went with Gangnam Style by Psy. Anna came last with Oye Como Va by Santana.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment