Monday, July 16, 2018

Year 5, Day 248

Hello. Today I give you Daddy's Little Girl by The Shires.


This is a duo from England who've been active since 2013. It's made up of Ben Earle ad Crissie Rhodes. They actually got together through Facebook, after Ben switched to country. They both are failed X Factor contestants so they had that in common. They were featured in a documentary about British country artists, since country is considered a predominantly American thing. After that feature, they were invited to the Country To Country festival in 2014. They went to Nashville to record their album in the same year, then spent 2015 touring with Ward Thomas. They released their second album in 2016, and that one went on to be the fastest selling UK country album of all time. This song came out in 2017 and is an ode to her late father. Currently they've been teasing their latest album which will probably be released later in the year.

Criteria today is a song where the lyrics ruined it for you. I know my choice is odd, but hey, daddy issues. My mom went with We Can't Stop by Miley Cyrus... probably something to do with the fact that I had to explain to her Molly is in reference to a drug. Sammy went with Cleopatra by the Lumineers, Will went with Diamonds by Rihanna because it's grammatically incorrect, and my grandma struggled, but chose Thriller by Michael Jackson. Anna picked Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke featuring Pharrell and T.I., and I think it's pretty obvious why.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment