Monday, July 9, 2018

Year 5, Day 241

Hi everyone. Today's song is Any Way You Want It by Journey.


I feel like everyone knows this song, and while I love Journey the idea of now summing their career up in about six sentences is daunting. They've made fifteen albums throughout their career, which started in 1973 and has been going consistently apart from an eight year hiatus starting in 1987. They were originally named the Golden Gate Rhythm Section and were supposed to be a backup group, but that didn't last long. The band has had a huge problem of rotating people out. So many to the point that you can't even really say you like Journey without referencing specific members to know which iteration it is. The only person as far as I can tell who has been there the whole time is the lead guitarist Neal Schon. Even the singer has changed three or four times which as a vocalist is a pet peeve of mine. Personally I find the days with Steve Perry to be when Journey was at it's peak and you see that in this song.

Today is supposed to be a song that need to be played LOUD and I think I nailed it. Trying to prove me wrong is Sammy by going with Stop by the Spice Girls and Will going darker with Spit It Out by Slipknot. My grandma is keeping within her genre and going with Running Bear by Johnny Preston and my mom going with Feeling Good by the Sheepdogs. Anna chose one I don't know called Deceptacon by Le Tigre.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment