Hello. Today I give you Greater by MercyMe.
I know that there was a band previously on here that took offense to being called a Christian band. They didn't fall into that category to me, but this does. MercyMe is from Texas and is made up of Bart Millard, Nathan Cochran, Michael John Scheuchzer, Robin Shaffer, and Barry Graul. Name credit goes to Bart's grandma's catchphrase, which is hilarious and an awesome tribute. They are a Christian band, but they feel less rock and more of an indie and country hybrid. And I know this always comes up somewhere, but you can enjoy spiritual song without being religious. I mention this periodically because we always had those certain people who got offended about doing so many praise god type songs in choir. Like, chill out. I'm not religious, but I appreciate the beauty in these songs and the intent behind it. I hope you guys will to.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment