Sunday, January 14, 2018

Year 5, Day 65

Hi everyone. So today's song is Flesh Without Blood/Life In The Vivid Dream by Grimes.


Grimes is the stage name for Claire Elise Boucher who is a Canadian singer, songwriter, record producer, music engineer, video director and editor, and visual artist. So she's a busy girl. Her name comes from a genre of music (grime music) that started in London in the 2000's. It features fast beats and jagged electronic sounds. It's sound started on pirate radio, but has gotten more mainstream recently. Grimes released her debut in 2010 on cassette. Her second album came out in 2011 and that's when she started to actually promote her musical career. She signed with a label the next year, and won Breakthrough Artist of the Year at the Junos. She wrote her next album in 2014 in about two weeks of no stimulation from the outside world. It sounds like she reached some kind of musical Nirvana but I don't think I'd recommend it to anyone else. She's also been vocal about being a feminist, as a female in a mostly male industry, and has received a lot of criticism for being anti-male. I know lots of people has made the word feminism synonymous with anti-male but true feminism really is not that. Anyway this is more of less two songs in one so I hope you like them.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment