Hi everybody. Today's song is Jackpot by Jocelyn Alice.
Jocelyn is a Canadian singer who got her start when she was runner up on a talent show called Popstars. She wrote this song in 2014, but it didn't chart until 2015. I don't know a lot of her solo stuff, but she's gotten a lot of co-writing credits of music feature in prime time television and advertisements. She also released an EP as one half of the duo Jocelyn and Lisa. Now I hate this and I don't know if I've already mentioned it before, but we do have to talk about it. She's gotten a lot of hate because she got asked to sing the national anthem for an MLB game, and while she was singing it she giggled. I understand being excited because it is a huge honor, but you need to have control over yourself at that level to not do something that's going to cause a negative connotation. I know her thing was a genuine mistake, but that slip up probably cost her a lot of potential opportunities because it came off disrespectful to the masses. Only time will tell I guess. Regardless of the controversy, her song is good and has earned it's spot on this list.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment