Sunday, January 21, 2018

Year 5, Day 72

Hello. So today's song is Bury It by CHVRCHES featuring Hayley Williams.


I'm sure you all know Hayley Williams already, and if not I'm featuring her later on, so I'm only talking about Chvrches for now. They're a Scottish band so props to Scotland! The members include Lauren Mayberry, Iain Cook, and Martin Doherty. All three of them had been in bands of their own before they ended up working together on a few demos and decided to form this group. Their name is stylistically written as a preemptive move to ensure they weren't confused with people looking for legitimate churches. An no they aren't super religious. The name was chosen in the way most bands choose names... basically they thought it was cool. I approve. A cool fact about these guys is that before they started to officially perform under their given name, they did two shows with the pseudonym Shark Week so they could work out the kinks and start strong as Chvrches. They have a lot of material which makes me feel kind of bad that I didn't find them until they teamed up with Hayley on this one, but what matters is I've found them now. And so have you.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment