Hey. So today's song is Mama Say by Betty Who.
Betty Who is the stage name for Australian singer Jessica Anne Newham. She's been doing the singing/songwriting thing since she was sixteen, but really started to figure out her sound when she went to school at Berklee in Boston and met up with Peter Thomas. They worked together for two years before releasing her debut single online which exploded thanks to a grammy blogger. She released an album online shortly after that, and because of all the success she got some interest from record labels and got signed. She released a second album in 2014 which saw another one of her songs topping the charts. I've got a few songs by her saved, but we're starting with this one. And I want to point out how awesome the dancing is with the song. I've watched the video and been enthralled by it so many times that now I see the dance moves in my head when I listen to just the audio, which is a strange occurrence.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment