Hello. So today's song is My Sharona by The Knack.
I know some of you may think I'm a bit of a hick considering where I'm
from, but I have to tell you that of my family, I'm in the branch which
is the most city slicker of them all. So when I say that my hick
extended family came to visit, understand how literal that term is. I
mean my great uncle just referred to himself as a country bumpkin for
crying out loud. I have never heard the term used by anyone in real life
before, but of course it would be one of my relatives to be the first.
These are also the people that said I was the bad influence in the
family (when I was in college and their kids were getting drunk and
having kids at 15) and therefore shouldn't be around. Today though I got
to listen (I hide when they come to town) to their utter shock and
disbelief that my sister and I don't want to have kids. Really why would
we want to bring children in to the world when we can't even really
take care of ourselves and when it seems like the world is being run
into the ground even more than it already is. Shocking... Please tell me
I'm not the only one with a crazy as shit family. I feel a little reassurance might be in order.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment