Hey guys. Today's song is This Is The Life by Amy MacDonald.
![]() |
| Photo by: Harald Krichel |
It seems really abrupt and too soon, but because I came back at a different time than I used to it's already Stampede week here! Now if you've been with me for awhile you know that I never actually do anything for Stampede. I got really into it when I was a kid and am kind of over at this point, so it's more for visitors to the city while I hide in my house and dodge pancake breakfasts. That being said, I use the opportunity to feature my more country/acoustic songs that are on deck, starting with this one. Now this is an acoustic version with the normal one here. So Amy MacDonald is a Scottish singer active since 2006. She taught herself guitar and started writing music, performing in coffee shops before sending in a demo, earning a recording contract in 2007. She released her debut album that year, of which this is the title song. She released her second album in 2010, and her third in 2012. She started writing for her next album in 2014, recording through 2015 before the album was ultimately finished in 2016 and released in 2017. The next year she released a Greatest Hits album before going on a European tour. She had been working on her next album when COVID hit, but managed to release it in 2020. She's got a nice long career, but she was new to me so I'm thinking she may be new to you as well, so I hope you give her a chance.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment