Thursday, July 14, 2022

Year 8, Day 14

Hey guys. Today's song is Thank You Anxiety by Avenue Beat. 

Avenue Beat is a band with a short-lived career (so far). Made up of Sami Bearden, Savana Santos, and Sam Backoff, the group released an EP in 2019 before one of their videos went viral on Tik Tok in 2020 leading to them making a full song of it. They released their only album in 2021 before they officially disbanded because one of the members wanted to stop. The others have said that once Sami realized she didn't like what the industry was and didn't want to pursue a music career, that they didn't want to go forward without her. It's a little sad since they barely got started, but I support Sami for knowing this wasn't for her, and I also support the other two for not just replacing her and moving on. I do hope to see them continue music in some capacity if that's what they want, but for now I'm glad for the little gems they gave us while they were around.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment