Friday, July 1, 2022

Year 8, Day 1

Hey everybody. Today's song is Canadian, Please by Julia Bentley & Andrew Gunadie.


I know it's been awhile, probably one of the longest breaks that I've taken, but if you had been keeping up with me last year you'll know that it was very much needed. I can't say that things have gotten much better since then, more deaths in the family, more drama that I've been dragged into, but I'm trying to push forward and better myself with a daily routine, and I figured now is as good a time as any to comeback and throw a song up everyday as part of that. So here we go: Since today is Canada Day, I decided to go with an oldie but a goodie that I've had saved for literal years to put up. As with most things, some of the lines used are accurate and some are based off a Canadian stereotype, but as the 2010 Vancouver Olympics closing ceremony shows, Canadians lean in to the stereotypes so it works out. And considering that the entire world is going absolutely batshit right now (I'm looking at you Putin and US Congress) I'm feeling mighty proud to live where I do right now despite some of our own issues. I can at least take heart that efforts are being made by a lot of different people to try and rectify the past, which can't be said for a lot of other situations right now. Anyway, this video is up of Andrew's YouTube channel gunnarolla, and Julia has her own channel as well called honeychip if you want to check out more of their stuff.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment