Saturday, October 9, 2021

Year 7, Day 330

Morning! Today's song is Everything Black by Unlike Pluto featuring Mike Taylor.

 

Unlike Pluto is Armond Arabshahi, an American DJ/singer/songwriter/producer. He's been releasing albums since 2013, with the most recent out earlier this year. He also released an EP in 2016, and in 2017 started a side project called Why Mona with a Hamilton actress names Joanna Jones. As for Mike Taylor, all I know for sure is he's a vocalist from Philadelphia. The problem is that this is a very common name, and I can't find any definitive information about which Mike Taylor is on this song, so in the hope of not falsely attributing it to someone else, I'm just not going to delve into it, which is a disservice to the man on this record, but I don't know how else to handle it. As for the song, on the video Unlike Pluto wrote that "about a year ago Mike Taylor and I both showed up to a writing session in our black cars wearing all black. We joked about it for a while, but then starting working on a song." This one was the end result. He's got a lot of music on his channel so there's lots to check out. I know I'm intrigued.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment