Sunday, December 8, 2019

Year 6, Day 205

Good Morning! Today's song is Alone by Hollyn featuring TRU.


I am honestly shocked it's taken me so long to feature this song because I've had it saved for at least three years. Hollyn is Holly Wilson, whose been singing since 2013 when she was on American Idol. After that she got featured on two songs by Christian hip hop star Tobymac. Her EP came out in 2015, which featured this song, then released her debut album in 2017. This song features TRU, which is Truett McKeehan, and actually Tobymac's son. He's done a couple different things, but he had a lot of monikers including truDog, Moxie, and, Shiloh, and Truett Foster. He actually died earlier this year, so it's fitting that I'm featuring this song now rather than later on. It's horrible when young artists don't get the chance to see their career through, but at least he was doing what he loved.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment