Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Year 6, Day 201

Good Morning! Today's song is Don't Want You Back by Bakermat featuring Kiesza.


Bakermat is Lodewijk Fluttert, a Dutch DJ whose been active since 2012. He's released a lot of EPs and is a bit different from other DJ's when performing because he has included live artists in his gigs. As of 2014 he has six musicians with him that form his live band. He did a bunch of touring, then in 2015 he started Bakermat's Circus. I don't really understand what it is, but apparently it's "a night where artists could push themselves musically and the audience would be carried away music, event and ambience wise." As of 2016 he had 8 EP's and has some more singles, with the most recent out this year. Kiesza is Kiesa Ellestad, whose from Calgary and been around since 2006. She has two albums, and another that was scheduled for this year, but I don't know if that came out. A fun fact is that she's actually a reservist for the Royal Canadian Navy. From how I understand it a reservist isn't technically in the forces until there is a need for more bodies, in which they can be called in. She probably has never been called in since we haven't had any wars lately, but it's cool that she'd be prepared for it. I'm pretty sure I've featured another of her songs before so you can go find that, but for now enjoy this one.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment