Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Year 4, Day 85

Hi. Today's song is Pompeii by Bastille.


This song will never get old. To me there's no limit on how many times I could listen to it because it's so perfect. I don't know a lot about the thing it's named after, just that the city (Pompeii) was basically obliterated, but for the featuring of this song, I decided to look it up in reference to the song. I guess that the song was actually inspired by photos of the aftermath of Pompeii. Specifically: the people. The website that connected the ancient situation to the current one was trying to use the symbolism of the song to decipher the meaning. It said: In the end, the song seems to be saying, rather than becoming paralyzed by "the rubble of our sins," we've got "to be optimists about this" and get out of our Pompeii. Regardless of what the song means, it's great to listen to so enjoy.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment