Thursday, January 29, 2015

Year 3, Day 280

Hey. So today's song is Tonight You Belong With Me from The Jerk.


So this isn't really a group per-say, it's actually a scene from a movie called The Jerk, but I still am going to show it to you. The reason being that for the five ish months I've had this saved on my YouTube playlist, I wake up with it stuck in my head all the time, and when I'm bored I start randomly singing a tune it usually is this one. This is being sung by Steve Martin and Bernadette Peters who were cast in the movie which came out in 1979. I think we all know who Steve Martin is, but I'll give a little info on Bernadette. She recently made a comeback to television in Smash, but the coolest thing about her career is that she is one of the most critically acclaimed Broadway performers. She been nominated for seven Tony's (winning two), nine Drama Desk awards (winning three). Also four cast albums she was featured on have won Grammy awards. This song is making a comeback right now because Zooey Deschanel did a cover of it with Ben Schwartz which you can also find on YouTube. So check it out, because it's really pretty and everyone should know it.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment