Hello. So today's song is Wait Up by Tokyo Police Club.
These guys are from Ontario! I'm surprised actually, I didn't know they were Canadian. That's pretty cool...anyway on to their origin story. They had been in a band called Suburbia first, but after that band broke up, these four guys were jamming together and decided to form this band. The started in Toronto's underground music scene, but gained a lot of attention and eventually got signed. More than anything, these guys are a festival band. They've played at basically every major music festival I've heard of, including Coachella and Bonnaroo. The same year that they released their first album they went on tour with Weezer for six weeks. That was in 2008, then they released a second album in 2010. The video for this song actually won an award from MuchMusic. The coolest thing is their 10 Days. 10 Covers. 10 Years Project that they did in 2011. Basically they did a cover of a song from every year going from 2001-2010 in ten days...pretty straight forward. In 2012 they went on tour with Foster The People, and since then they've been debuting songs at live shows and releasing content on YouTube. There's no talk of another album right now, but I'm sure they'll be one.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment