Thursday, June 22, 2023

Year 8, Day 357

Hey guys. Today's song is Not All Men by Morgan St Jean.

So Morgan St Jean is an American singer. She's been interested in music her whole life, joining choir in school and then going on to be in a music program at USC. She's been active since 2015 when she released her first single through Spotify and has continued releasing music since. She released an EP in 2022, which included this song. Of this song, she said that when #notallmen was trending on Twitter, she was so offended by it that she went into the studio with an idea and wrote the chorus of this song. She posted it to TikTok, where she originally didn't have any followers, but it ended up going viral overnight. I could explain exactly why the hashtag was so infuriating, but the song really says it all perfectly, so listen to the song and especially the words to understand. It's a very important message, and one I fully support because even when I was in junior high wearing bulky shirts that completely hid my figure and with a fucking backpack, I was being catcalled by creeps within a block of my school. Sure not all men are like that, but it's pretty damn hard to tell the difference these days. She released more stuff since then, including an EP in 2023 so check that out if you're interested.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment