Saturday, May 20, 2023

Year 8, Day 324

Hey guys. Today's song is Mamma Mia from Mamma Mia!

Mamma Mia! is a jukebox musical, the only one I've featured. Basically this mean that rather than original songs written for the play, it's populated with well known songs, in this case the discography of ABBA, a Swedish musical group. The play was written by Catherine Johnson, with the music composed by Benny Anderson and Bjorn Ulvaeus, both members of ABBA. It premiered on the West End in 1999, and actually returned to West End in 2020. There is a movie version of it, which is where the clip above is from,that was released in 2008 and featured a truly star studded cast. The story follows Sophie, who tried to find her father in preparation of her upcoming wedding, and chaos ensues when all three potentials show up at her invitation. This is another musical that I have actually seen the production for and I loved it. So you should too if you get the chance.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment