Friday, May 12, 2023

Year 8, Day 316

Hey guys. Today's song is No One Is Alone from Into The Woods.

This signals the beginning of another musical week (or a little longer to get all the songs I have saved out of my queue, and what better way to start than with Into The Woods which has a special place in my heart since it's one that I saw performed by my classmates while I was in high school and that was my first introduction to it. Into The Woods is a musical from 1987 with the book written by James Lapine and music & lyrics by Stephen Sondheim. This was actually the second time the two had teamed up, first with another musical from 1984. Into the Woods won multiple Tony's with its first debut and has been revived twelve times, with the most recent from this year. Plus obviously there was the feature film of it, which is what I've featured here. It was released in 2014 and was nominated for both Golden Globe and Academy Awards. The story is based on the Brothers Grimm fairy tales, which are the fairy tales you know but in their darkest forms before they were disney-fied. It's put together really well and Sondheim (as usual) is a genius with the music, so if you can see it live, but if not give the movie adaption a go and bask in the wonder that is Into The Woods.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment