Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Year 8, Day 314

Hey guys. Today's song is Hey Cowboy by Devon Cole.

Devon Cole is a Canadian artist active since 2020 when the pandemic caused a pause in her normal life progression of studying psychology which allowed her to focus on music. She had been in choirs growing up, and did songwriting on her own. She also auditioned for and was part of the Young Canadians (a performance group) for a year. Cole got involved in TikTok, doing some open verse challenges, and posting some original work as well. In fact, the song from her that I featured before was spawned from her response of creating a verse to music put together and posted by John Mark Nelson, her response going viral and leading to it being an actual single released in 2022 with a label. Since then she has done more songs, including this one which I've kind of grown obsessed with. She was nominated for a Juno for Breakthrough Artist of the Year this year and I really think she deserved to win. Either way, she is a breakthrough artist on my list so I hope you check out her stuff. 

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment