Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Year 8, Day 131

Hey guys. Today's song is Bii Biyelgee by The HU.

Photo by: Stefan Brending

I had no idea where this would fit to go in the blog, but I figured the banjo from yesterday had a vibe that kind of fit with the breakdown of this one, and I knew I wanted to feature it somehow. So the Hu is a Mongolian folk metal band active since 2016 and made up of Gala, Jaya, Enkush, and Temka. And I think this is the first Mongolian group I've featured to give it up for Mongolia today! They've released a bunch of singles and two albums: one from 2019 and another from 2022 which is where this song is from. So a Bii Biyelgee is a traditional Mongolian folk dance, and is a big thing for get togethers such as feasts, celebrations, weddings, etc and expresses family unity and promotes understanding withing different ethnic groups in Mongolia, and according to the band is a dance that is very hard to do since it requires a different skillset from other dances, but that's what makes it great. It's clear from the video that they were all having a great time and you can really get a sense of what it's about. So I hope you enjoy it.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment