Hey guys. Today's song is Touch My Body by Mariah Carey.
![]() |
| Photo by: Filipe Vicente |
Alright I think everyone knows who Mariah Carey is thanks to her Christmas song so we're gonna go through it fast. She grew up with her mom after her parents divorced, and started singing at three, copying her mom who was a former opera singer. While in high school, she worked as a demo singer, then after moving to New York landed a gig as backup for Brenda Starr, which earned her the opportunity to give her demo to the head of Columbia Records, starting her career in 1988. Since then she has released sixteen albums, and is obviously well known with a unique voice style that has only recently been replicated by Ariana Grande. She also had seventeen film credits throughout her career, and that's actually where I know her from, because my first introduction to Mariah Carey was her role in Glitter in 2001. But like I said I think most people know her because of the Christmas song that comes around every year... in fact I think I've even featured it. If not yet then I will eventually. For now, check out this older song of Mariah's which I found when listening to a nostalgia playlist. I personally don't find this one to be nostalgic, but this goes out for all of you that do feel that way.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment