Morning! Today's song is Hazy Shade Of Winter by Gerard Way featuring Ray Toro.
![]() |
| Photo by: Michael Spencer |
So this is a cover of a Simon and Garfunkel song, but was technically based on the cover done by The Bangles. This version was done for The Umbrella Academy by Gerard Way and Ray Toro, who were both in My Chemical Romance. If you know either the band or the show, then you probably are already aware of Gerard Way, and if not you should be. This song I've been saving, because while there are a lot of amazing song features in the show, I wanted to feature one that I considered to be more of "the score" of it, and I settled on this one. And this song also gives me a way to fan girl a little bit about the fact that My Chemical Romance is coming back! They were supposed to come back in 2020, but the tour has been postponed to 2022 for... obvious reasons. Anyway, enjoy this song, and if you're unsure of it at the beginning, keep listening because the intro is deceiving. Have Fun.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment