Morning! Today's song is Baby One More Time by Britney Spears.
![]() |
| Photo by: Drew de F Fawkes |
I've talked enough about Britney, and with the news of her conservatorship still a hot topic you guys should already be aware of her, so I'm not going to talk about it today. Long story short screw her family. Anyway, the day I'm writing this (because I'm doing these in advance) the polls opened to advance voting for the Canadian federal election, so I got that done and over with. The day this is actually being posted is literally the day before actual voting happens so it's still relevant. Since most of you who read this aren't Canadian, I'll break it down for you. On a federal level there are typically five major parties, give or take a few. There are five that have been consistent for my entire life, so that's what I look at as the core groups. We got Conservative, Liberal, NDP, Green Party, and Bloc Quebecois. The last two barely get votes, with usually Quebec voting Bloc Quebcois (self explanatory) or sometimes Liberal, and BC typically going Green, NDP, or Conservative. Then Conservative and Liberal usually switch back and forth as the government and the official opposition. NDP is third most popular and tends to end up being the deciding factor when the government in a minority. Now, I live in Alberta. Alberta is basically always Conservative, no matter what level of government is being voted on. The only time we're ever not Conservative is if that party successfully pisses people off so badly that they want anyone but them. For reference, watch for the next Premier election here when Kenney gets ousted. I wont say what I vote, because I'm not here to promote any party, and I don't agree with trying to influence other people's votes. The sad thing is that usually it doesn't matter how the west side of Canada votes, because the election is already won by the East and their voting pool. So short of the entire rest of the country voting together and the east splitting, we pretty much know how it's going to go by the time they're done counting in Ontario. This election is technically not a planned one, the Liberals called it rather than letting their time run out so everyone had to scramble. My prediction is that we'll have a minority government again, most likely with Conservative instead, but you never know... Liberals might come out on top again. I don't know how the East will vote yet. If you're interested in politics check out the election tomorrow when they start the count. I like having the window open and watching the colors change as votes are counted. And if you are Canadian the main point: vote. Even if you think your vote is a wash, still go vote because you never know.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment