Saturday, September 11, 2021

Year 7, Day 302

Morning! Today's song is Agoraphobic by CORPSE.


I know I know, I'm sure everyone already knows Corpse now, but I'm doing this anyway. So Corpse is an American singer, but he started out as a YouTuber in 2015 who would narrate horror stories on his channel. Recently he's started doing gaming streams of Among Us, which is how I found him because he plays with Jacksepticeye. He started in the music scene in 2016 after being featured on a song by The Living Tombstone & Crusher P, then in 2020 started releasing his own music. His voice is so low because of health issues that have messed up his esophagus and thoracic nerves which has got to be horribly painful and I really wish there was a way to help him. He also never shows his face, and instead is known by his avatar. I've mentioned it before so you guys know how I feel about people who don't want to show their face, i.e. they have their reasons so leave them the hell alone and respect their wishes. Corpse's music is really intense, and usually isn't something that I would listen to. At certain times I can rock to it, but usually I listen to upbeat stuff to try and snap out of my funk. I still wanted to feature him though, he just seems really awesome. So when I saw that he had a song called agoraphobic I knew it was going to be that one I showcased, because I seriously can relate. See I am agoraphobic, have been told that by a therapist, so I am in sync with the never going out, and the paranoia when you do. It's ridiculously hard to exist and be calm when you have agoraphobia. Imagine it like a soldier whose head is constantly on a swivel looking for danger, but with agoraphobia on every swivel your anxiety also kicks up another notch until you're on the verge of a full blown attack. Not fun. My family of course always thought I was insane and could never understand why I would suddenly snap at them like I was on edge, or just walk out to go wait in the car with my headphones blasting. Everyone has their own version of a coping mechanism and mine was my music... probably why I'm still writing this blog after so long. Anyway if you are one of the few that haven't checked out Corpse I really recommend you do. Whether it's the music, the gaming, or the stories, I'm sure you'll find something that you'll love. 

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment