Good Morning! Today's song is I Want To Break Free by Queen.
I've featured Queen many times, but this time I'm doing it after literally just watching Bohemian Rhapsody. I've put off watching it even though I've heard great things so I could write this fresh. Rami was a perfect choice for the role. The beginning made me feel so awkward, so much second hand embarrassment which I know they were going for, but oh I hate it so. Showing them experimenting in the booth is fantastic and I hope that is accurate. I also like getting to know Mary a little bit because even though it's weird seeing the character with a woman, she was a huge part of Freddie's life. The pacing of the film isn't perfect and I was pretty surprised that I came out of the movie actually liking Freddie less than I did before. I know he had a difficult time, but I feel more for Mary's plight than his because the man she loved didn't love her, but she stayed because he still couldn't live without her. And as fame got to his head he treated the rest of the band a little like shit which is a big no-no. They all obviously still loved him, and he eventually found himself and found happiness with his partner, it's just hard to watch that. Overall it was a good movie. I wished it would have been more about all of them together, but it is a pretty good tribute to their music. I really appreciated the showcasing of how each of them wrote some of the bigger hits, because I know most people (myself included) have overhyped frontmen for bands when it comes to hits. It's a lesson about looking up the things you really like to appreciate the right people and give credit where credit is due. If you guys are fans of Queen, I recommend the movie. It's got some of their best songs in it.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment