Hey guys. Today's song is Pure Imagination from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
The only Willa Wonka movie we acknowledge is the one with Gene Wilder. No other one is worthy of mentioning. I've made today's song Pure Imagination out of respect for Gene because I'm going to be singing his praises today, but I will admit my favorite song is actually Candy Man, so you get it as a bonus. We used to watch this one in my film studies class and analyzing it gave me a new appreciation for it. The one scene that I've never gotten over is Willy Wonka's entrance and I was astounded to learn that it only happened because of Wilder. He made that scene a condition of his signing on the the project. You can see what I'm talking about here. He wanted it so that way no one would ever know if Wonka was lying or telling the truth. Gene Wilder truly was a genius. If you've never seen the original movie watch it please. Sometime the originals are better than remakes and you'll never know unless you give it a chance.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment