Hello everyone. Today's song is Fix You by Coldplay.
I feel like Coldplay is another band everyone knows, but let's intro them anyway. The band started in 1996 at UCL and was called Pectoralz. Within a year they were playing local gigs and had changed names to Starfish. Along with the final line-up they settled on their final name, which was suggested by a classmate who had used it for his own group. They released an EP in 1998, and have gotten signed by 1999. After some disputes within the group, they made a pact to operate as a democracy and that no one is allowed to stay in the band and do hard drugs. I guess a couple other famous bands have had the same rules and considering the stuff I've read about everyone I'm featuring this year I think it's a smart move. Their whole career they've followed the standard album release, album tour, album release, tour, etc. Not a lot to say honestly because they're a pretty unproblematic band. And that's a good thing. It's refreshing to have a band that isn't shrouded in bullshit that you can enjoy without drama tainting it. So I hope you enjoy today, because I will.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment