Morning, today's song is Imagine by John Lennon.
Yep John Lennon, he is a legend. He formed the Quarrymen in 1957. The name probably means nothing to you, but that band changed their name in 1960 to The Beatles. Which let's be honest everyone knows, I don't need to do their career as a band. Lennon had been making his own music before The Beatles were over, but he had kept the break up quiet rather than using it to market his stuff. Apparently he got very upset when McCartney did what he hadn't and released the news on his solo album. I'll be honest guys, I prefer Paul McCartney. Personal opinion. Anyway, Lennon's first album didn't really float with the audience, so his second album he went for a more commercial sound. Imagine is easily his most popular solo song and was inspired by a Christian verse. I'm clearly glossing over a huge personal thing that ruled a lot of Lennon's life and music career, but I don't want to know anything about Yoko Ono because there have been so many jokes about it I'm just done without even reading anything. You'll have to look that up yourself. I'm focusing on the important thing here: the song. This song used in any context is honestly always heart wrenching but I'll admit it's the version that they did on Glee that always makes me feel like I need to cry. You can watch that version here if you want, but it's not really about the way the song sounds itself, but the context Glee tacked on to it that makes my emotions spike. I'm curious which moment with this song get to you guys. The original on its own? Used in something? A cover version? Let me know.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment