Hi. Today I give you Breakdown by Tonight Alive featuring Benji Madden.
These guys are an Australian rock band active since 2008. Currently the members of the band are Jenna McDougall, Jake Hardy, Cameron Adler, and Matt Best. Jenna had actually been working on her own acoustic music when she was approached to do vocals on a song for the group, and she joined up permanently shortly after. They released a debut album in 2010 which they funded themselves, and one of their songs got picked up to be featured in a tv show. They released a short EP the same year before heading out on tour. Around the same time, their music ended up with a producer who liked it and contacted them about making a full length album. They made that album in 2011 and then did more touring. A lot of their stuff has been featured in various pop culture entertainment including the latest Spiderman film. I chose this song to feature because I have a soft spot for Good Charlotte (90's baby) and that's where Benji Madden is from. I honestly love seeing these bands I grew up with coming in and working with new ones, essentially passing the torch to the next generation. It makes me happy for the music industry.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment