Thursday, July 21, 2016

Year 4, Day 150

Morning! Today's song is First World Tragedy by Sunrise Skater Kids.


This song hits a little close to home. I hate to admit it, but because I've grown up being so privileged based on where I was born these are the kinds of things that I consider problems, and I know it's stupid. These are not real problems, there are so many worse things to be worried about, but it's my reality. I've had to deal with more serious things like my manipulative father stalking his kids, my mom's abusive boyfriend, and becoming the sole breadwinner in a household full of adults while I was a teen... but each of those situations was temporary. Even while I'm writing this I'm doing it from a house that I don't pay anything on from my bed where I'm going to stay for awhile because I don't have any responsibilities right now. I appreciate this song letting me have that reality check while still enjoying great tunes. One of the advantages of music!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment