Sunday, November 22, 2020

Year 7, Day 9

Morning! Today's song is Pink Houses by John Mellencamp.

Photo by: Martin Overstrom

I've mentioned to you guys before that I don't really listen to much country anymore after being bombarded with it when I was a kid, but some of those artist still hold a special place in my heart for nostalgic reasons. One of those people is John Mellencamp. He's been active in the industry since 1976, and has gone by a couple different names, such as John Cougar and John Cougar Mellencamp. He's released 23 albums during his career, the first in 1976 and the most recent in 2017. He's also dipped his toes into acting, musical theatre, and film production; as well as being very engaged and vocal about political situations and presidential candidates in his country. I'm glossing over that because with this election I'm all filled up on my quota of American politics, but if you want to know where he stands, trust me he makes it perfectly clear. I look to these people though for music and not much else, so as long as he's rocking some good hits, I'm happy with that. 


Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment