Morning! Today's song is One Of Us by Joan Osborne.
![]() |
| Photo by: Kurt Huot |
Joan Osborne is a singer active since 1989. She started out singing weekly at an open mic night in New York, then formed a band and performed in nightclubs there. In 1991 she started her own label and released her debut album on it. She then got signed to a big label, releasing her next album in 1995, which is where this song is from. She was one of the main performers at Lilith Fair, a music festival, in 1997 but got blacklisted afterwards for openly campaigning for Planned Parenthood on stage after being told not to by arena owners. Then in 2001 she produced a record for the Holmes Brothers and appeared on the music program Austin City Limits. She got featured in a documentary in 2002, toured with the Dixie Chicks in 2003, and joined a group called The Dead. She's also been part of Phil Fresh and Friends, sang on a couple different people's albums, and performed at the Grand Ole Opry in 2007. She has released twelve albums over the course of her career, the first in 1995 and the most recent from this year. She's also been nominated for a couple Grammy's and won the Woman of Achievement Award from Women's Project Theatre, a non-profit dedicated to promoting female-created works. I can't say I'm overly religious, but I've always liked this song so I'm hoping you will too. Enjoy.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment