Morning! Today's song is Follow Me by Uncle Kracker.
![]() |
| Photo by: Lunchbox LP |
Uncle Kracker is the stage name for Matthew Shafer, whose been active since 1987. His brother has entered a turntables competition, going up against a then-unkown Kid Rock who Shafer then became friends with. Kid Rock asked him to be a turntableist in his band Twisted Down Tucker in 1994, which Schefer had no idea how to do at the time, but said yes anyway. He ended up learning from his brother. He did live performances with the group, then got featured as a vocalist on Kid Rock's album released in 1996. After that while still playing with the group, he started working on a solo album. That got released in 2000. Since then he's released four more albums, with the most recent from 2012. The friendship with Kid Rock has obviously lasted because they toured together in 2013, and he is still around because he released a song in 2018. This is one that I remember from my childhood because my mom was kind of all country all the time, and it's now a genre I rarely listen to one my own, but when I do, it always reminds me of simpler times. So I hope you enjoy it.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment