Good Morning! Today's song is I Think I Love You by The Partridge Family.
So The Partridge Family was actually a musical sitcom, and this song was done by the "family band" of the show, although the only actual cast members were David Cassidy and Shirley Jones. As for the instrumental elements we can thank studio musicians Mike Melvoin, Hal Blaine, Larry Knechtel, Joe Osborne, Louie Shelton, Tommy Tedesco, and musicians from the Wrecking Crew with backing vocals by Ron Hicklin, John Bahler, Tom Bahler, and Jackie Ward. This song got released in 1970, a month before the sitcom debuted. It rose in popularity throughout the shows run, even earning a NARM award for best-selling single that year. The sitcom ran for four seasons and got nominated for lots of awards (although most long after it ended). This song has been covered a couple times since it's release, once by Perry Como the same year, and then by Voice of the Beehive in 1991 which hit top 25 on the UK singles chart. I know the song from Braindead which was hilarious and uncomfortable when they featured it, and now I kind of love the song. If you haven't you should check out that show, and then you'll know what I mean.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment