Good Morning! Today's song is Light Up The World from Glee.
I just learned that they're making a new Charlie's Angels movie and I am conflicted. Like most things they remake, I think it would be an okay film if not attached to the mantle that it's trying to replicate. I showed it to my sister, and at the time I'm writing this we're currently watching the 2000's Charlie's Angels. It's obviously not an Oscar worthy movie, but it's absolutely hilarious, and even with it being and feeling female empowered, it doesn't actually oversexualize them... with the exception of one side boob featuring scene, but for the most part it's just a group of girls getting shit done and goofing around. I've only seen the trailer for the new one, but it falls flat. It seems like it's trying so hard to be female empowered and pander to what society is now that it comes off incredibly patronizing. Even the music choices feel like the people choosing it are trying to make a statement, not trying to make good music to fit the movie. Maybe I'm just more skeptical of things now, but that's my take on it. You guys let me know how you feel.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment