Monday, March 27, 2023

Year 8, Day 270

Hey guys. Today's song is Homecoming by Hey Monday.

I talked about missing female pop rockers yesterday which made me think again about this band so I decided to feature them. So Hey Monday was an American band active from 2008 until 2011, and then again in 2019 with members being Cassadee Pope, Mike Gentile, Alex Lipshaw, Chris Gentile, Patrick McKenzie, Elliot James, and Michael "Jersey" Moriarty. Pope and Mike Gentile formed Hey Monday after their old band broke up, and held auditions where they found James who then brought in Lipshaw, and then with Moriarty the band was complete. They were discovered and signed by Pete Wentz, then recorded and released their debut album in 2008. They did a bunch of touring with other well known bands before James left the group after their tour. In 2010 they recorded and released an EP, then did more performances before Moriarty left, being replaced with Mike Gentile's brother Chris. Now I don't know when Lipshaw left, but at this point it was only Pope and the Gentile brothers with performance musicians. They re-released their second EP in 2011, of which a song was featured on Glee, before going on another tour. They then split from the label, and self-released a Christmas EP before going on hiatus. Cassadee Pope went on to win The Voice as a country singer, and the brothers formed another band called Rescue Kid. Pope, Mike Gentile and Lipshaw did get back together in 2019 to perform as Hey Monday for a show, but I think that was a one-off. Even though as a band their career wasn't that long, I still love their stuff and go back to it now and then, so today you get to do that too.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment