Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Year 7, Day 285

Morning! Today's song is Black or White by Michael Jackson.

Photo from: White House Photo Office

Alright since I already did his early career with the last song, I'm going to focus on the second half of his career here. His fifth solo album in 1979 marked the change in his career soundwise and making him a stand alone artist. His next album in 1982 was Thriller with got him seven Grammys and became an institution in the music world with a lot of hits, this song being one of them. He went on the Victory Tour in 1984 with his family. In the late 80's his skin color changed because of some medical conditions and the efforts he made to combat those, and along with the public scrutiny came many more outrageous stories about him, some that Michael reportedly spread himself and some made up by the media. His next album came out in 1987 which was followed by a world tour. He released another album in 1991, then did the Superbowl halftime show in 1993. After that he continued making music and touring, got married, got divorced, was in and out of courts, and got addicted to drugs. He died in 2009 of a heart attack, but it was technically caused by an overdose. I know a lot of you have heard the stuff about him, and know I glossed over a ton of serious shit in the middle, but I just can't write about it. I don't want to know more than what I pick up just existing in the world, but if you guys want to get into all the court stuff I'm guessing there are documentaries that are easy to find. 

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment