Morning! Today's song is Something Better by Audien featuring Lady Antebellum.
![]() |
| Photo by: Copeland.powell |
This will be a quick one because these are both artists I've featured before. So Audien is Nathaniel Rathbun, a DJ whose been active since 2009. He only technically has one album from 2019, but his career is long and full, with many notable collaborations, some of which I've featured before on here. Lady Antebellum is a country group whose been active since 2006, made up of Hillary Scott, Dave Haywood, and Charles Kelley. Throughout their career they've released nine albums, starting in 2008 and with the most recent out this year. So they have lots for you to check out. They've taken a lot of hits lately about their name because of the racial influence of the word antebellum which literally translated means "before the war" but in usually used in context of the civil war, as in before colored people were liberated. So they decided to change their name to Lady A in 2020, although that moniker already belongs to a blues singer named Anita White whose had it for 20 years so I imagine they wont be keeping that moniker for long...especially since White herself has called them out on the tone-deaf move. I guess we'll have to wait and see how it resolves. As for what I think, if you're going to do it for the reasoning they did then don't do a half measure and pick an entirely new name. Otherwise what was the point?
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment