Friday, September 27, 2019

Year 6, Day 133

Good Morning! Today's song is Holy by Zolita.


Zolita is actually Zoe Montana Hoetzel who has been in the business since 2015 thanks to YouTube. She has always been interested in music, but found her success after one of her music videos went viral. Since then she's released a couple other songs and has now released two extended plays. I found this song by accident (which basically means that once I play only music on YouTube long enough it gives me some good recommendations and immediately fell in love with the sound. If you watch the video it will be blatantly obvious this is a female empowerment LGBTQIA song which I think is great. It's about time that people who are struggling with their identity have someone to look up to in the spotlight and while there has been more acceptance of gay men, it's still been a little dodgy for lesbians. So the fact that stars like Zolita can express that part of their life so heavily in their art is creating a huge step to normalizing it for others. I hope you enjoy and check out more of her stuff.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment