Good Morning! Today's song is It Wont Be Long from Across The Universe.
So this song is from the movie Across the Universe and is sung by Evan Rachel Wood, who has been active since 1994 and done a couple movies and TV shows, even getting nominated for a Golden Globe for one of her roles. The song originally was a Beatles song, as all Across the Universe song's are, and was written mostly by John Lennon with some help from Paul McCartney. They've credited this song as really the beginning of when the middle masses started listening to their stuff after a critic for the London Times reviewed it. He said the song had Aeolian cadences, which Lennon stated in his last interview that he still has no idea what they are. So I looked it up. Aeolian cadences are apparently when a major key resolves on the tonic chord of the relative minor key... Now as much as I love music, that still doesn't mean anything to me so if there are any piano players out there: try it out and tell me in layman's terms what that means. All I know is Lennon said it sounds like exotic birds so I will be replaying the song listening for something similar to that.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment